of going on a short-term mission trip
- Mission trips give people an opportunity to be used in areas of gifting, calling, and hobbies in a way that glorifies God in a cross cultural environment.
- Mission trips allow Christians to see and experience what missions is all about, possibly introducing them to their future home and calling in the Kingdom of God.
- Mission trips expose Christians to the bigness of God in His world.
- Stepping outside our comfort zone while serving on a mission trip opens us up in a new way to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- When visitors come from other countries and work in local church settings, it can add credibility to the church they visit, enhancing their testimony in the community where they serve.
- Utilizing the gifts, calling, and ministry ideas of visitors helps to give missionaries new and practical ideas to implement.
- Visiting teams sometimes are used by the Lord to open doors for serving that didn’t exist in that location previously.